Thread: Covid-19 Poll
View Single Post
e.j. 03:08 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
One of the children I care for- Her mother works in a Boston hospital. She said her floor cleared out, but it was because all of the patients died.
I'm in MA, too. During the surge, my husband and I had gone out for groceries. While we were in the store, I looked for a card to sent to my stepmother who is in a nursing home to let her know we were thinking of her. My husband called me over to look at the sympathy card section of the display. Where there had always been a large, full section of cards prior to the surge, there wasn't a single sympathy card left to buy. It was such a small thing in the overall scheme of things but it was one of those things that spoke volumes without needing any words.

I was just talking to one of my brothers last night. He called to let me know that another brother of ours went to the hospital with COVID-like symptoms. (He's since tested negative. Hopefully, the results are accurate.) The brother who called me has worked as a paramedic and director of clinical services for an ambulance company that operates throughout this area. As I understand it, one of his responsibilities is to review all of the reports that are turned in by the EMTs and paramedics who go out on calls. He's amazed by what he sees in their reports. He said he shakes his head when he hears people comparing COVID to the flu. He said, "In the 23 years I've worked in this job, I've experienced many flu seasons and some of them have been bad but I've never seen anything like this!"