Thread: Worst DC Parent
View Single Post
lovemydaycare0912 11:19 AM 08-16-2016
I just remember a parent who actually never made it in my care. Thank GOD! She had 6 children. Wanted the 3 school agers to be on subsidy but she would only use it during no school days. I told her I couldn't do that because I could not accept money for not having them the other days. She wanted FT for her youngest who at the time was almost 3. At the time, I knew nothing about holding fees and deposits. I submitted her subsidy paperwork before her child would begin, and had to wait forever. She lied and told them she worked in another state. Then since it was taking longer than a month, I told her I needed a holding fee because I could no longer hold her spot. I asked for $75. She said she couldn't afford it because (insert excuse here.) Then throughout that entire process, she also no longer had a cellphone. She expected me to communicate with her through her work line during work hours only. Same day, her subsidy got accepted but she would have had to pay $130 out of pocket. I left her a message and told her I was not willing to give her the spot. She never responded.