View Single Post
MommyMuffin 06:25 AM 09-13-2010
As a parent a nurse and a new provider:
I want my provider to show me that she is reading books about child development, activities ect. Taking local community classes about topics that relate. Just show me that you take an interest in what you are doing. I dont care how much the class cost or what school you took it from, hang it on your bulletin board, put it in your newsletter anything, be proud of the little things because parents do notice. That is my point of view.
As a nurse I have been able to fill spots faster than if I did not have the title; but as a nurse I worked with adults. The parents dont care because "nurse" means many things to them. I love that I am a nurse and feel proud of it, but I feel that it does not make me a better provider. I would much rather have lots of experience and my CDA. So I will be working twoards it slowly because I want to be the best provider I can!
I think its that drive and passion for what you do that makes you stand out and it you have it you will most likely be found taking class/events/readingbooks.