View Single Post
MyAngels 08:36 PM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
What would you do?

I had an interview recently and the Mom flat out told me that she wanted to go to the gym after work and would pick up after that. My contract states work and commute times only, and she'd be off work around 4, but wants to pick up at 5. I don't have any other "prospects" currently, and since I only do care for SA's, I'll be getting to the point soon where it will be too late to get more kids since school will be starting.

Should I allow this, or tell Mom no way?
It sounds like you've already thought of this situation when you wrote commute times only into your contract, and based on that you probably should not allow it.

I, personally, wouldn't have a problem with it as long as 5:00 didn't become 5:15, then 5:30, etc. I have always had a 5:00 p.m. closing time, and am very, very clear when I interview parents that this time is not negotiable. I actually have it written into my contract that I do not charge a late fee, simply because I don't want anybody to think that it's okay to be late as long as they are willing to pay a fee. I've had excellent results from this policy.

I think I'm getting off topic here, sorry!