Thread: Late fees
View Single Post
Southernmama 07:28 AM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
$10 per calendar day for first late payment. NO services until paid in full. Will only charge a late fee for 7 consecutive days before loss of space/enrollment.

$20 per calendar day for second late payment. NO services until paid in full. Will only charge a late fee for 4 consecutive days before loss of space/enrollment.

$30 per calendar day for third late payment. Payment must be made on Monday morning IN FULL or terminated.
Oh, I like that. Also is it ok to update this to my contract and have them sign it now even though our "new year" doesn't officially start till April (when I started my child care.)? Also I watch a sibling set (2 brothers) and their parents are some of my late payers. Actually what steamed this post. Should I charge them the late fee per child or per family? Also, should I hand out Payment reminders at thursday pick up and no more reminders? I will probably keep payment due on Friday at pick up in case parent doesn't get their check until they are at work etc. I know that was the case when I worked but I still wasnt ever late paying at pick up. One last thing, how would you let parents know you will be updating the contract or just give it to them to read over and return with signatures?