View Single Post
Lucy 06:13 PM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I think what Tom is saying here is that there is nothing out there that will say this because there is nothing out there in IRS land that requires providers to give this information out. The IRS won't write something up to say what you shouldn't do, they only write stuff up about what is required to be done ... hence the W-10 instructions for parents. If we were required to give anything else out then those requirements would also be on the w-10 instructions for parents but because those requirements do not exist they do not.

Tom is not a CPA but he is an all and wonderful Oz when it comes to family child care stuff ... he's the #1 go to guy in America so he would know his stuff .

I think that printing out Tom's blog or page from his Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide that says that NOTHING else is required from us is enough to hand to your DC family and you can either have them give their tax guy a copy or you can mail him a copy also. He's probably either misinformed or he's saying that having this additional information is helpful to have ... but then again me washing and sorting DCK's laundry, cooking dinner for all of my DCF's and charging my DCF's unrealistically low rates is also extremely helpful but I'm not going to that either . I mean it would me nice for them, nut not going to happen .
LOL Good point! I did find this: http://www.familychildcaretaxes.com/...cordNumber=102 It has some good information on it. It also recommends getting one of Tom's books!!

So I guess I'm not going to find something that will definitely say, "You, as a Childcare Provider, are NOT required to provide your clients anything but a Tax ID Number". I will just print a few passages from here and from the link I gave above and send those to this H&R Block-head (lol).

Thanks all!!