View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:22 PM 11-19-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
The people who are saying it's okay to run an unlicensed daycare are probably the same people who don't spay or neuter their pets. I see our neighbors running one and I haven't reported anything. But they let little kids play in our front yard, that is going a bit to far for me because I am not responsible if one of these kids hurts themselves. I don't want to see anything happen to these children, but I just want people to know just how much trouble you can get in if you're not covered by a license if one of the kids gets hurt. It's for the kids and for your protection as well because these matters can turn sour quickly if you're running something illegal, we are talking jail time even for accidents so be smart people. That's all I'm saying.
There is nothing wrong with unlicensed. NOT all states require a license. The correct word is illegal provider. There are many LEGALLY UNLICENSED providers that are operating well within the law without a license.

A license doesn't protect you if someone gets hurt but I understand the point I think you are trying to make.

I also want to point out that even if you didn't give her/them permission to play in your front yard, you CAN be held liable if they are hurt when in your yard. The ONLY way you can protect yourself is to NOT let them be in your front yard.