View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:57 AM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I've got this dcm and every day at drop-off at pick-up (thankfully it's only a couple days a week), all she does is complain about how difficult her child is and how hard her life is. It's non-stop, as if she has it worse than everybody else.

She had a baby a few month ago, and hired someone to come help on the days that older dck isn't at daycare. She tells me that she needs the help because she can't handle it by herself. Someone needs to keep her older child busy.

Hmmm, how do I manage to care for 7+ kids (including her "difficult" child), and she struggles with 2?

I understand some people can't handle their children, but I'm the wrong person to be talking about it with. I don't get why she complains to me about her 2 kids, knowing I have several here everyday. I wish I could come up with a smart remark
I used to have a snarky reply for this type of parent, but now I just say something like "Oh well good for me then because I just love spending time with Miss Janie."

When I was feeling snarky I would add something like: "We're making all kinds of memories that I hope will last her a lifetime!" Smile and welcome Janie in or wave goodbye if it's pick up time...

Most times when parents are venting to you about it, they don't even realize the irony of WHO they are complaining to. lol! I think most of these parents simply like the attention and the easiest way to get it is to vent.

Also I think a majority of them really can't handle their kids. They are too concerned with being their friend.

Kids are easy for us, because we actually set boundaries and use the word no frequently.