Thread: Covid Vaccine?
View Single Post
Valerie928 03:47 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I do agree that the numbers are somewhat inflated, but even if they are only half of the numbers reported it's a lot higher than the flu. Your friend's cousin's death was caused by an overdose, I don't consider that an underlying condition. Wherever government funding is involved there is always going to be fraud, waste and abuse.

The problem I see with Covid is there are so many people who are asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic that the spread is nearly impossible to control without using the very simple tasks of mask wearing, social distancing, and hand washing. I guess in my simple mind I truly don't understand why people are so het up over something so simple. It's not like we're going to be asked to do it forever.

I don't agree with all of the lockdowns being imposed. If we can be cheek by jowl at the local Walmart then we should be able to choose to go to the gym, the salon or out to eat. We each have to be responsible for our own actions. If you feel vulnerable to the virus, then you need to act accordingly. No one is forcing you to go out to eat, or to a large gathering, or any where else for that matter.

As far as the vaccine, I'm leaning towards getting it at this point, but I'll make that decision when it becomes available to me. I definitely won't be villanizing anyone who doesn't want to get it. I don't think twice when someone doesn't want a flu shot and this is no different to me. IMO no matter how many do or do not get vaccinated, these lockdowns need to end the minute the vaccine is available to the general public and preferably sooner.
Absolutely agree. Good friend of ours had to close both of his restaurants because our governor is a nut case. The lockdowns must stop.