Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
SilverSabre25 06:39 AM 09-29-2011
Paraphrase of a convo with a dcd last night...

Him: "We're working really, really hard on potty training her. Are you able to help at all with that?" [note: this has been ongoing since February and I do help, everyday, putting her on the potty, many times]
Me: "Yes, I can, I have been--I put her on the potty everytime we have potty breaks which is pretty much every major transition, so a lot. I've also been starting to brainstorm some other ideas to help her here--"
Him: "Well, we tried her in underwear at home yesterday and it didn't go so well."
Me: "For sanitary reasons, I need to have her in something absorbant until she's doing well; you could try undies under the pull-up, or I have some cloth training pants I've been thinking of trying. I cloth diaper DS so it's no trouble."
Him: "At home she gets jelly beans for peeing and a cookie for pooping in the potty!"
Me: [resisting urge to slam my head into the nearby wall] "Oh! Ok, well bring me some of those and I can continue that here!"
Him: "Okay, We'll do that."

Guess what didn't show up with dcg today...;;headdesk:: I think I'm going to buy my own this weekend, daggone it, and start a sticker chart with her. And the cloth pants too. Anything to get them off my back--she's only here three days a week and I'm starting to feel like I'm being blamed for her not being trained yet! She's the one with NO readiness signs AT ALL.