Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Snowmom 07:48 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
So when you wear leggings you still find them warm after crawling around in the moist morning grass, dirt or bark? Or sitting on the wet swing, slide or bike?
When my dcg wear leggings (or any skin tight legwear including skinny jeans), their legs are always colder than those with sweats, jeans or track pants after playing outside. The wetness next to their legs mixed with 30-50 degrees outside makes their legs cold and it spoils outside play when they are begging to go inside after 15-20 minutes.
Sorry that I may sound irritated with you, but leggings on you is different than on a infant that is crawling around in wet grass, dirt or bark or a toddler that is sitting on a wet swing, slide or bike.
I, myself wear shorts outside in this weather but I would not find it acceptable for a child in my care to show up in shorts when it is wet and 50 or below temps. My own children wear pants even though I am in shorts.
I wipe my outside play area off before we go out as well.

But honestly, wet is wet- it wouldn't make a difference if the child was wearing sweats, jeans or leggings to me. If they sit in something wet, they'll be uncomfortable and probably cold.

The crawlers are always on blankets/play mats outside. Although my preference for enrollment is 1+, so I don't have a lot of crawlers.

If it's 30-40 degrees, they're all in snow gear. Which keeps them warm and dry anyway.

Raining- we don't go out.

Dirt- eh. It's daycare. I expect them to get dirty and hope they all wear clothes that parents don't care about anyway. Playdough, paint, markers, dirt... all the same to me.

It's just never been an issue. But, I get it. We all have our irritants and preferences.