Thread: Muffins, etc?
View Single Post
Lianne 04:52 AM 04-15-2013
I'm looking for some new muffin, bread or cookie ideas and recipes. I've been baking most of our snacks but we're all bored with my repertoire. The usuals for muffins and breads are banana with & without chocolate and nuts, carrot/pineapple, carrot/zucchini, oatmeal raisin, pumpkin/raisin, pumpkin apple, apple with assorted add ins. The cookie usuals are chocolate chip with assorted add ins and oatmeal raisin. I tried the banana oatmeal cookies posted here and they were a flop. I like to try and keep whatever I bake somewhat healthy since it's often the morning snack.

I have on hand: flour, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, quick oats, long cook oats, apples, frozen (smushed) raspberries, frozen pureed pumpkin (only 1 cup) carrots, raisins, chocolate chips, almonds and walnuts, coconut, applesauce, yogurt (in individual cups - fruit or vanilla, no greek or plain), cheese (cheddar, marble and mozzarella), milk, bisquick, and I'm sure I have other assorted baking staples. I do not have honey.

I prefer simpler recipes over ones with multiple steps and fancy-dancy maneuvers