View Single Post
Michael 01:49 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by laurasophia:
Hmm...50 years old, been doing in-home daycare for 32 years, so....you've been doing it since you were 18?! Start doing daycare that young cuz you had a kid you couldn't pay child care for?! How many PROVIDERS have the grand idea to stay at home with their own kids and become a provider for the income? And WHERE does this experience come from to qualify someone to do in-home daycare? (Just do some paperwork, pass a background check and get some liability ins!!) How does it feel to have blanket judgments made by people who know nothing about you or your situation?

MN CCAP (for my county,licensed for maximum of 10 kids, 2 of which can be infants):

$134.82/wk infant rate * 2 infants = $269.64 PLUS $121.34/wk all other age groups * 8 kids = $970.72 for a total of $1240.36 per WEEK....PLUS food programs, activity fees!!!! $1240.36 * 4.3 weeks per month = a GRAND TOTAL of $5333/month JUST IN CASH!!! (Damn! I went out and got all those college degrees and I could've just stayed home with some fun, little people all day? Maybe I AM the ignorant one here.....lol)

Ya.....keep judging people who receive assistance as one, big group of go-nowhere, do-nothing bunch of losers who are out to take a free ride on the system. Oh, wait! You don't even take "state paid" clients, do you?! HAHAHAHAHA!!! So....what are you basing your bias on?

You're good for a laugh at least. Can hardly wait to share this dribble with a couple of commissions/committees I am on....but please, be careful....I do NOT want to see any of you fall off your pedestals. It's obviously a long drop...
I've wondered why you were a registered member but still in moderated mode. I went through all 5 of your posts and now understand. One thing comes to mind; "Live and let live."