View Single Post
craftymissbeth 05:25 PM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by saved4always:
I think you miss the point that, if a parent signs an agreement that includes paying for the provider's vacation, the parent has to abide by the agreement. I personally did not charge for any time I had off when I provided childcare in my home. That was MY choice in how I ran MY business and how I handled the fees I set. My contract spelled out that the parents did not pay when I had vacation. Other providers DO include payment for vacations in their contracts. That is their choice and obviously plenty of parents accept that since the majority of providers on this forum appear to charge that way. If you sign it, you need to follow it. Just like you abide by a landscaper's contract that spells out the fees they charge and what they will provide or a gyms membership contract.

I don't charge for when I'm closed for any reason, but if that's something that really bothers a parent then there are other child care options. Find a different daycare with policies you agree with, hire a nanny, become a stay at home parent, etc.