View Single Post
Unregistered 09:08 AM 08-07-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think that might be part of the issue though....

The family did agree to the paid days off etc but there was nothing addressed regarding other days off. Unplanned days that are not mentioned in the contract.

Honestly, I agree with the parent here and if the provider doesn't list specific days and/or a number of specific days that parents will be required to pay for even though services aren't available the provider should take the loss.

I list x amount of days I will be closed AD still charging families. ANY days I take off that aren't listed or go above my allotted number of days off, I take the loss. I don't charge the parents for those days.

I think that is what this parent is trying to figure out.

Thanks all! Yep you are right, there is nothing in the contract about emergency days off being paid for by the parent. Like I said, I have a ton of respect for DCP and unlike a lot of people I see post on here, I do think that you all deserve time off paid. Would I like the time off be more organized (like a week at a time), of course but we certainly know we don't get everything we want. I just like to have all my ducks in a row before I go have a meeting with my provider, because one thing I don't like is being lied to, or talking around the issue at hand. So I was curious what other professionals in the field have to say about the topic before I accidentally burn a bridge over something that is common place.

Thanks again