View Single Post
Unregistered 10:42 AM 08-07-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I can't believe that happened!

My policy is that payment is due on Fridays, regardless of illness, vacation or closure. Late fees will apply if not received on the Friday by 9 am. All of my families currently use emt and send it on Wed or Thurs. I accept the transfer on Friday morning prior to arrivals.

I just find that keeping the day the same regardless of anything else going on, keeps it clear. That is my policy, though, and is clearly stated in my handbook.

I would never show up at a parent's work, though. That is strange and very unprofessional, imho.

Thanks for replies!!!! I like how you all run your payment plans. One if the issues I know some of the other parents run into is payment method. Our provider ONLY accepts cash, no check, transfer, or even one of those little card readers for smart phones. Hence while I pay a month in advance, because like the family I stated above, they have to remember to stop at the bank either on Friday night or Saturday so they have the cash for the provider on Monday. I can understand the provider maybe not taking a check if they have gotten burned in the past, but it sure doesn't make it easier.

BTW I am really not trying to bash my provider, and I know this sounds like I am whining, I promise I am not, because we do like do like her with our children.