View Single Post
jen 12:29 PM 12-08-2010
Is she on time for pick up? If she's late, then you have an issue. If she is within her scheduled time, probably not.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but depending on how your contract is worded, there isn't much you can do. Truthfully, I have had people who only work 1 or 2 days a week, bring thier children 5 days a week while they sat at home. If they are paying for it, they get to do what they want.

If the problem is the sceaming is getting to you, that is the issue you need to address. You may need to have a sit down with parents and suggest that they reduce the child's time in daycare because it is causing too much stress for the baby. Remember to focus on the needs of the child as opposed to yours.

As for the payment issue and having the parent yell at you....that is grounds for immediate termination. If you allow a parent to yell at you, you will loose whatever battles occur in the future. If it should happen again let him/her know in no uncertain terms that they will be respectful of you and your policies or they will need to find immediate alternative care. Then follow through.

Good luck! I'm sorry that you have a sucky client.