View Single Post
Indoorvoice 01:19 PM 11-16-2018
I have so many weaknesses. I try to be flexible, I think because when I had to use daycare my daycare provider was so flexible and that made me feel valued. In return I valued her and made sure to pay it back whenever I could by picking up early or pay extra even when she didn't charge it (but should have!) The problem is my daycare families are not that way. Favors are seen as mandatory and never repaid. I'm a rule follower, so I always think "I'll make this rule and everyone will comply, and all will be good" because that's what I would do if a rule was given to me. I'm finding rules are just suggestions and you actually have to enforce them and I hate it when parents know the rules and push them anyway forcing me to confront them. I find it so rude. I also hate making anyone feel upset so I would rather be upset and stew over it than have anyone be upset with me,hence my problems with rules. I think with experience and maturity I'll be better with this, but at this stage, it's just where I'm at.