View Single Post
Reimel61 10:34 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Are you charging the norm for your area? I have the same paid time off and it's never been an issue. I also find that January is a great time for filling spots. I would look for other ways to get clients before doing away with your paid time off, I think you will regret it down the road. Also, I love part timers-I make way more money on them, I try to find a 2 day a week kid matched with a 3 day a week kid and they are both charged a higher rate so I actually make more money on what would have been 1 full-time spot. Make sure you are advertising in all the areas you can, how do you advertise?
Yes I'm charging the norm for my area. I check with the local childcare referral agency in my area as far as rates. Advertising is with the referral agency and a FB group that was setup specifically in our county for DC providers to advertise and for parent who are looking for DC. I've heard some bad things from Craigslist so I've not ventured there.

I guess I'll have to rethink my position on part-time care. What are your part-timer families expected to pay as far as vacation time??

Thanks