View Single Post
redmaple 05:59 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
All schools closed in my province until April 6th I am shutting down for 3 weeks too. Already cleared it with the families. Things are getting real and I don’t want to chance it.

Husbands office and almost all the offices in my area are shutting down and telling workers to work from home.

No idea what people are doing who have to work and now have to scramble to find childcare. Nothing being said about daycares as usual.

Also in Ontario, and will decide by end of day if I'm closing. Looks like in my town most are staying open. Some are switching to calling themselves "daycamps" advertising they will take 10 kids as spouse is home too. For only $50 a day! Major drama unfolding over that.

Panic shopping began once the word of the 3 week school closure went out. People were posting pictures of our Walmart shelves picked clean and lines of people around the store. We have no confirmed cases in our area. Should get interesting in a few weeks when we do, when community spread actually starts.

Saying we must close the school to protect everyone, but nothing about daycare baffles me too. What age group knows the least about virus hygiene and personal space. They slobber on everything, lick everything and everyone in sight, hand you their boogers and need help wiping their nose.