View Single Post
Blackcat31 05:53 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
School for my kids, mostly for my 7 year old. Poor thing broke down in tears yesterday, because he wanted to go to school see friends, have the separation from home and school. My poor guy is missing his friends, and there is nothing I can do to fix it for him, cause all kids are put un the same position.
I am currently taking care of a previous DCK who has moved along to first grade. She's been bringing her school work to care so she can do her assignments during the day. Yesterday she brought the school issued iPad because her teacher was going to have a video chat meeting with all the kids in her class that afternoon.

This little gal was so excited as she hasn't seen her teacher or her friends for several weeks now. I helped her set up the video call a few minutes prior to the scheduled time. She sat waiting in anticipation....

All of a sudden she just loses it. She's just crying her eyes out... Her teacher appeared on screen and one by one her friends popped up in the call and I think the second she saw her teacher's face the emotions hit her and she realized how much she missed going to school and seeing everyone.

She was fine and once she gathered herself together had so much fun chatting with everyone but I felt so bad for her as I don't think she was prepared for how she felt and the emotions just overflowed

It's one thing for us, as adults to cope whether we like it or not, we understand....these poor kiddos...I can't imagine what they are thinking as their whole lives are literally upended.