View Single Post
Cat Herder 07:53 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Had a 45 minute discussion with a parent about why I don't get hazard pay or a back up payment (from who?) if any of my DCK's are out for quarantine as the parent doesn't think they should have to pay me when it's not their choice to have to quarantine and be excluded from care. Well it's not MY choice either so why should I lose income?
I have been getting that a bit too, even though I have not closed and it was the parents who were quarantined from their own personal choices (parties, vacations, flights). I only received a one time grant for cleaning supplies, with the option of using it for tuition assistance. I am not using it to cover their tuition. I would have kept a kid overnights if necessary, though. For a fee. Families should have emergency funds, too. Not just me. They are raising kids on purpose even in the event of an accidental pregnancy. No excuses. >flame suit zipped, personal opinion, teen mother, myself<

Many of the state grant writers (all states) have been doing advertising campaigns telling parents that our grants can also be used to cover tuition for parents effected by the virus.

Some states have even mandated it. No extra help for the providers to offset added expenses, just tuition assistance for the parents. They feel since it is going to the provider, it should benefit the parent. Essentially allowing the provider to break even but the parent to profit since most were still receiving unemployment or salary while out.

That said, I do know some parents (like providers) who don't qualify for unemployment or salaries and actually do need some help. I don't know a single provider who does not know which family of theirs needs that help and has not found a way to provide it. It is what we do. It is only the forced double standards and the notion that we should always be the ones going without while doing more we resent.