Thread: Covid Vaccine?
View Single Post
MyAngels 08:10 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Tennessee started with little to no cases. My sis in law was number 17 in April/May when she got it. Fast forward to today and my state is Number One in cases of Covid. There was a surge here after Thanksgiving and are expecting a surge after Christmas. I am not SCARED of covid but it sure has impacted my daycare business with quarantine-closings and I haven't had it yet. Mom and I work the daycare and have not even had a symptom, but we know of multiple family members, friends, etc. that have had it. My brother says 'even if the vaccine is sugar-water, take it, at least it will satisfy the government'. Seriously, though, if the quarantine guidelines were to be lifted, I would be much less worried about it...but I have closed 8 weeks thus far. The quarantines time-limits have lessened but they are still bad enough to affect my business. And I pray my business is intact when all this is over. I have been down three kids since September and have filled two of those spots the past couple weeks. Bottom line is, clients are leery of the closings, too, and not all daycares follow protocol for covid. So, it is a stressful mess for me!
This is how I'm feeling, too. I'll take the vaccine so that maybe we can get back to a place where we're not forced to close and quarantine every time someone in the vicinity has a symptom.

I don't care about getting Covid. I wish I had gotten it when my DH did. Our state seems to be getting a little more control of late, but I personally know 4 people now who have died from Covid in the past couple of weeks, so I'm not downplaying it.

I've got openings that I can't fill because literally everyone here is either working from home with "understanding" bosses (i.e. they are using their kids as an excuse to basically get paid for little work ) or unemployed. I too hope that my business survives intact.