View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:21 AM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by Little Star75:
So do give a weekly rate or daily rate? for example if a parent needs Childcare M-F 7am-3:30pm will you charge $165 your FT rate or $150 based on your $30/day?
For me FT is 4 or 5 days per week so I charge $165 for the week whether they come 4 or 5 days a week. That comes out to be $3.30/hr. I can't fill one day a week with a regular client so 4 or 5 days means FT and they pay a flat rate of $165 every week.

Anyone on a regular schedule 3 days or less days per week is considered PT. PTers go by the other rate schedule which goes by the time that they leave (doesn't matter what time they start). A client that needs childcare 3 days a week from 8am-6pm pays (according to my schedule) $40 per day which comes out to $120/week ($4/hr). Even my client that arrives at 10am and picks up at 6pm pays this same rate even though she loses 2 hours. To me it doesn't matter what time you drop off, only what time you pick up.

To answer your question ... a client tells me what their child care needs are and we discuss a schedule with an appropriate time to commute to and from work. Based on this schedule I figure what the clients payment is each week. I charge flat weekly rate for all FT and PT clients. Only my drop-in clients get charged daily.

So client A needs PT child care on Mon 8am-6pm, Wed 10am-6pm and Fri 10am-3pm.
Which breaks down to Mon $40, Wed $40, Fri $28 = $108/week
Client A will then pay $108 every week.

Client B needs PT child care on Tues 9am-5pm and Thur 8am-4pm.
Which breaks down to Tues $36 and Thur $32 = $68/week
Client B will then pay $68 every week.

Does that help?