View Single Post
wdmmom 06:31 AM 09-30-2011
Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
So I spoke to the dcm today and informed her that I would be raising her rate by $50.00/month over the next 5 months to match my regular full time rate of $650.00. I told her that due to personal choice I would be down scaling my daycare to cut down on my workload and daily stress. She was irate! First she said she couldn’t afford $650.00/month and that she would be looking for another daycare for her son. Then she told me she would just have to see how it goes. When I asked her for a straight answer, she responded with could I have some time to think about it? I said yes you can have until tomorrow and then I need to know because I will be giving notice to a number of families tomorrow and I don’t want to give notice to an extra one if you will be leaving as well as I will be out that space. She was completely pissed! Said I was giving her no time to make a decision. I really think she just wants to soak me for the lower rate until it reaches a certain dollar sign and then switch her son then! She won’t be able to find daycare that is cheaper than $650.00/month in our area, it’s unheard of right now! I’m so frustrated. I will find out in 10 minutes what is going on.
$50 a month isn't squat really and to be honest, I would have told her she has 4 months to figure it out since it's such a gradual change.