View Single Post
Vici.d 10:17 PM 06-14-2014
Hi guys ,

Really need your advise on getting the first clients to a newly opened daycare. Probably I am not the only person having problems with that , and I would like to know how you guys have done it.
I ve started a new daycare , its opened a few months and I have issues to get clients.
1.They come , they like the place (obviously everything new and plenty of toys ) they like the location (easy to get by public transport and close to centre) , prices are approx the same as all other daycares in this area have (some DC have the same prices , some are more expensive).
2.But when they see its totally new and there no kids assigned yet , they say that they want their kid to socialize and that they would better wait until we have some kids assigned .

Even though I m always there with my daughter , who is 2,5 years and I always say that kid who will assign first will have anyway partner for play as my girl is there with me. But they want to see at least a few (4-6 kids ) already assigned .

So , how can I sort it out ? Its already for a few months !
I have a good web page , started to promote it - to keep it on the first line in the search system in local ( I live in Cz Republic ) search web and also trying to figure out to make the same in local google.cz , before I was also putting flyers to all cafes with kids corner , indoor playgrounds , kids gym . Promoting my Facebook account, have more then 400 likes for now.
On Xmas (I ve just had finished all constriction works and decoration ) I have made like combination OPEN DOOR day and Xmas event - put xmas tree , invited Santa who was very nice and was reading books to kids , made some activities for kids - xmas art&craft and cookies decoration. Invited kids book fair - so parents could choose nice books for their kids.
But that was it , parents were all saying that its a very nice place , very safe for kids , lots of appropriate toys , good location - but they would wait till I get kids assigned !

They also want to see the teachers , for now I am the only teacher there and of course I will take some teacher / student of pedagogical faculty to work with me after a have at least 2 -3 kids assigned. But how can I hire now smbd when I do not have kids there ! ?

But somebody has to be the first to assign ! So how can I do it ?

thanks a lot guys !
looking forward to hear from you