View Single Post
laundrymom 11:29 AM 11-09-2011
About 7 years ago I had a family who I had had for 5 years. Mom comes to me, they are leaving. The center down the street charges 1$ per week less per child. $3 per week. 12$ per month.

I lost them for 12$ per month. When they called 3 weeks later asking to come back. ( 2 er visits from injury @ center, 2 days of mom having to come pick the oldest up FROM ME because he escaped and ran away home to me) and when I told her no I didn't have room, I WAS CALLED COLD UNCARING AND UNFEELING!!

Now did I Deserve that oh no I did not. She sold out for 12$
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I get what you are saying and I think there is a lot of old school wisdom in this way of thinking........ I really do.

But... I wonder how you would feel about providers terming kids because they found a better fit.. specifically someone who paid... let's say... ten dollars more a week? How do you feel about that as far as professionalism and from the perspective of the kid?

How would you feel about the provider telling the child that the kid that was visiting was going to take their place in child care and didn't say a word to the parents... just let the kid tell them.

NOT being contentious... I'm really interested in your opinion of the same perspective inverted.