View Single Post
Just Saying 04:39 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Actually, it CAN be both ways. The parent is PAYING you for a PROFESSIONAL service. The parent has to meet the terms of the contract, and if giving two weeks notice is what is required, then they have not failed to do that.

Certainly they are expected to pay on time, pick up and drop off on time, etc. but the provider has no right to say they can not interview other providers and take THEIR child along with them.

If I, as a parent, were looking for a new daycare, I WOULD NOT tell the current provider until I had secured quality care elsewhere, and this thread, with the attitude of some providers, should CLEARLY explain why.
You say; I WOULD NOT tell the current provider until I had secured quality care elsewhere

Then why in the world would this DCP TELL the child they were going to look at another daycare? They put this child in the MIDDLE. Did they NOT think the little child would say something to a provider that he/she has loved for a few years?

The parent may have a right to search out other daycare, but putting a child in the MIDDLE is very wrong. That parent should of had enough RESPECT for the provider to discuss this.

But I guess the provider that has LOVED and CARED for this child for a few years is just another nobody to the DCP. This is what is SO sad!

I don't see any posters with an "attitude" on this thread. I see posters posting their opinions, as you have.