View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:30 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:

now the sweeping, I have the swifter wet jet and dry brush but the refills are so much $$$ (will need to get my coupon binder out..asap)!

Do you guys mop every day? I hate to mop? I guess I will need to beg da hubby with Thanks so much...you guys ROCK!
I spot mop everyday and then mop well once a week. I have a swiffer also but I don't waste my money on the refills. I buy white terry cloths (can get them from any home improvement store) and use that instead of buying the refills. Then I fill a spray bottle with floor cleaner/water solution, spray the floor then spot mop it with the swiffer/terry cloth mop. At the end of the week I do the same thing but do the whole floor at once and use a scrub brush for the stuff that sticks real good to the floor (if needed, but usually it's not).

PS: I notices your name. I'm frugal too, another money saving tip that I like to use for the dishwasher is using white vinigar instead of a drying agent. It works just as well and cost much MUCH less $$$. It also cleans food and water deposits from your dishwasher. Our old dishwasher was almost 10 years and the inside still looked brand new. We were able to sell it for $200 and when we bought a new $one when we redid our kitchen because the old one was in such good condition.