View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 10:37 AM 07-19-2010
Do any of you separate your daycare food from your family foods?

I just recently started doing this and a part of me feels selfish and the other part feels justified.

I buy mostly brand name foods for my family and I have just started buying the off brand foods at the beginning of summer for the daycare kids. I was spending a lot in food and most of their weekly tuition was going for food with very little in my pocket for bills (especially during the summmer!).

I feel my husband's pay buys our groceries and if we want to buy the more expensive foods for our family, we should...but is this selfish?? Parents in our area don't like to pay any more than they have to and I'm already pretty cheap. I try to make sure I serve the same foods during daycare the only difference is I serve my kids the brand names and the daycare kids off brands (store brands). Once in a while I have something my kids want that I don't have for my daycare kids and I let them because it's their house, their food...is that bad?? I always have something else to serve my daycare kids and a lot of times my 9 year old daycare girl pouts because of it....but seriously, I only get paid $75/week for 11 hours a day, 5 days a week for her (I have her sister too so I give the mom a discount for having both...$150/week in the summer). I'm feeding her breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack every day on $75/week!

Seems justified to me at how little I get per week with the hours I have the kids....Just curious how everyone else feels about it..