View Single Post
Bizzymom1111 08:21 PM 07-19-2010
[quote=MarinaVanessa;36965]I was on the USDA food program and this is what it says on the handouts:

"Meal Service times: Meals are to be served no less than 2 hours apart and no more than 4 hours apart when serving major meals and snacks. Meals that can be claimed include Breakfast, Morning Snack, Lunch, Evening Snack and Dinner. Meals can only be claimed for children that are in care at the time the meal is served."

What I meant by "have to offer it" was that if it were more than four hours then you have to offer the child a meal or snack if the child is in care and they already havn't gone over their max. I hadn't heard of the CACFP food program sorry. This is for the USDA food program.[/QUOTE

I am on the USDA food program and we can not claim more than 2 meals and one snack per child. There is not even any space on the meal count form for more than 3/day. It is ridiculous for parents to expect a provider to serve all that food to their child. Most of the time the kids don't even eat their lunch if they are given a morning snack. At my daycare, the kids know that they don't eat until lunch, so they ALL eat up at breakfast. They eat better at lunch, and I find are more willing to try new foods when they are hungry. They don't need more then that. No one is going to starve if they don't get a morning snack. I can only imagine all the wasted food and money.