View Single Post
JenNJ 05:38 PM 07-20-2010
I do not allow my kids to eat special foods in front of the daycare kids. It's not an issue with my 1 year old, obviously, but my 4 year old sometimes wants "special treats." I make him take it to his room so the other kids do not see. I don't see a thing wrong with that. It's his house and he doesn't have to follow a meal plan in his own home. My mother in law often sends him home from visits with homemade baked goods. I don't think he should have to share that with other kids if he doesn't want to - they were a gift from his Grandma.

Kids eat different things all the time. My dc kids don't all bring the same breakfast each day and not one child has issues with that. If one asks if he can have a donut (like my one dc kid always brings), I just say, "No, that is So-and-so's breakfast. Your Daddy packed you a yogurt and fruit."

We eat genertics as a family and I serve them to my daycare kids as well. Again, nothing wrong with that. But I don't serve my dc kids anything I wouldn't serve my own kids. I make most meals from scratch and the premade I do buy is high quality. I serve 2 snacks and lunch.