View Single Post
permanentvacation 09:08 PM 01-04-2015
I stopped bothering with the two weeks notice because of people like him. And because when I've had it with a family, I don't want to be stuck with them for 2 more weeks any longer than they want to be stuck with me.

However, when I did have a two weeks' notice required and had issues with getting the payment. I just called my lawyer and explained my situation. He had me show him my copy of their contract. After reading it, he agreed that they own me money and wrote the parents a letter. I have no idea what the letter said. I only had to do this with a couple of parents, but each time, within a couple of days of talking to my lawyer, ( enough time for the lawyer to mail the letter and them to receive it), the parents brought me my money!

So, if you have a lawyer, I'd suggest calling him/her, explaining the situation, and see what he/she suggests.

I know someone on this forum said they use a collection agency when parents don't pay. You could look into that.

As far as you contacting the parents again, I only told my parents one time that they owed me the 2 weeks' notice. I didn't continue to contact them. I figured they knew they owed me the money. I wasn't going to give them a chance to say I 'harassed' them. I just let my lawyer handle it. You could ask your lawyer if you should continue to make contact with the parents yourself.