View Single Post
Mom2Two 04:30 PM 07-07-2017
I try to be respectful of children's feelings. And I'm not the one who has raised these kids I watch. But I've become a little suspicious lately that the "I don't like this" routine is really more about "It's not my favorite and I want to work this a little."

I tried to raise my children to eat a variety of food and vegies. I've been a little firm about it with my own (e.g. need to finish vegies or whatever before I give more of another food).

So I tried a little more push with my dck the past two weeks, and guess what? They actually ARE able to eat their peppers or fresh tomatoes at least one bite of them.

I'm wondering if I should just offer and not worry too much if they eat, after all, they are not my children and I'm not feeding junk.

Or should I push a bit more, meaning should I not give extras of grain/protein if they haven't finished their veg?

One family in particular does have those "bad genes" or in other words, most of the family are overweight to different amounts. Those kids reeeeaallly need to learn to love vegies and water. I've actually said a few things to mom, who is very athletic and interested in health. From things the kids have said, the family has been more health conscious at home.

But slightly-chubby dcb avoids his veg and wants to fill up on ham sandwiches and milk. I'm wondering if I should get more firm with him and stick to only the required quantities of grain/protein and have him finish his veg before giving him another sandwich.

Thoughts?