View Single Post
E Daycare 05:54 AM 10-03-2012
I have a almost 3yr old that has a paci when they arrive and it goes straight into their bin. They know and I never ask BUT I can tell they get it at home all the live long day. Amazing overbite and we have some speech issues. With that being said, parent knows I have the kid put it away and the kid never ever whines for it here but as soon as they leave WHAM! Cry fest 2012 for mom or dad to have it on the way home. Mom is sheepish I know but by 5 is like WHATEVER HERE and out the door.

I also have a 3.5yr old here who has eating issues for me and I found the kid still gets a bottle at home.

Both of these parents are educators and know how things roll but when it comes down to it, I think it's just an easier route to give in.

My kid is an only child and I was like LET'S MOVE ON ALREADY! When it came to pacis, bottles and diapers. When he was sick at 6mo with a stuffy nose for a week and couldn't take the paci I never gave it back. At one year two weeks he was off the bottle and he was ready and potty trained within a week right before he turned 3. Also helps I stay home I believe. Here tho, I'm the same way. Off bottles at 1yr, pacis go in buckets, potty trained when they are ready and not waiting 6mo with a Pullup.

I'm just tired of cleaning pacis and bottles. At 3yrs I shouldn't have to deal with it and I don't. Lol