View Single Post
imtatum 12:14 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I disagree with this and know of a provider in my state (CA) who fought a situation like this and won. The provider is not terminating care until 4 weeks which means that the contract is still valid for 4 weeks from the date of the notice regardless of whether the contract has anything in it about provider termination. The parent is choosing to remove their child before the 4 weeks are up but technically the contract is still valid for another 4 weeks. If the contract says that the parent must pay regardless of attendance then she may still be obligated to pay.
My only arguement on this is that the notice she provided me is that care was terminated that day. My children have been pulled out, and that is why she demanded payment early. When she found out friday was going to be the last day my children would be there, she only wanted the 300 for that week. but she wanted cash on the spot. She is no longer asking for the 1200.00 so i think that amount was because she knew i would not be able to pay it and to get my children out before the end of the 4 weeks.