View Single Post
NeedaVaca 04:49 PM 04-23-2013
I don't know...I've been following this thread all day and something is just not feeling right to me. I think there are multiple issues and some things seem "off". The $ part for one as well as the contract. Since I can't see the actual document all I can say is you need to follow it and from what I gathered the provider was trying to do it in the right way but it was very confusing in the OP's original post and PP's have attempted to go through that part so I won't other than to say it "seemed" like the provider was doing what was right in a very round about way. The contract may be vague about her taking vacations/personal/sick days so the OP now knows what to look for in the future but why not ask for clarification the FIRST time it happened??

It also seems to me that the OP is not taking responsibility for her DS actions and instead is making excuses for them. There have been contradictions as well regarding this. In the OP she says he admitted to hitting another child but then later says he's not aggressive and after talking to his teacher and therapist wonders if it happened at all?

I would not allow violence in my daycare period. Once I made a decision to term I would start advertising asap hoping to fill the spot with no gap to my income. This provider could also have a waiting list. Once the OP said she was not coming back of course the spot would be filled...Maybe the spot was ready for someone after the 4 weeks notice the provider gave and when she realized you were leaving with no notice she let the new family know they could start sooner. If I had a family act so secretive about leaving I would also have asked for a cash payment and wonder about checks clearing or if in fact I would even be paid.

Something just seems off about this whole story IMO...