View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 08:30 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have my first DHS client, although I signed up to receive DHS a while ago.

New dcm works and goes to school 1 day per week. She told me she is eligible for 95% DHS and 100 hours bi-weekly. That seems like alot ...

Anyway, I did call DHS to confirm that they will pay her, and that her rate is 95%, but they could not confirm the amount of hours with me at that time.

I'm aware that it takes 45-60 days to go through the processing. What I'm wondering is: What is the process for DHS to start working the first time? I'm trying to figure out where we are in this process.

Also, dcm seems certain that she will be approved for 100 hours bi-weekly, but on Mondays, she doesn't have class until 11:00 am, but wants to drop off at 8:30 am. I don't think I would get reimbursed for that ... ???

It has to match her work/school hours, right? So confused!
Every state is different. Here, I submit attendance by the 10th of the month after and around the 15th I get a check in the mail for the entire previous month. Here they do a DAILY rate. The exact hours they are here doesn't matter at all. They are basically either present more than 4 hours or less. End of story. They have a max number of days per month they reimburse. Last month I think was 22 days. Which if 10 hours a day would be 220 hours a month. Or 110 every two weeks.

So what mom is saying in that respect sounds right.

In the beginning there was a. Few week lag, but they are like clock work now. They used to be direct deposit and I liked that. Now they mail checks. I hate this because there are only TWO of my banks in the entire state and each are 45 minutes away. That's why I don't accept checks from parents.

Our voucher program has a website for providers that explains FAQ. Maybe call your Dhs and ask if they have something like that??

I love state pay here. I have 2 on it right now and one who has applied. Of course, I would like it a lot more if they paid more than $40-45 bucks a week per child lol