View Single Post
amberrose3dg 03:32 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So....I have had this child since he was 6 weeks old, he is now 2.

It has been one thing after the other. So first his mom gets off work at 3:30 and she works one block from my home, she would not show up until like 4:30 and one time it was after 5...I ended up taking him to her because I had plans that night. So I told her she had to have him picked up by 4 (this was before I had a lot of kids and got a contract and set hours because I wasn’t really experienced) so she would do good for a few weeks then it would be late again. This happened several times. So I set my hours to 7-4 and charged $1 a minute after 4. So now she shows up at like 3:55-4.

So I have several children now and I have a contract and all that. She will bring him to me sick...when it is in my contract not to. She has brought him in and layed him on the couch felt of his head and said oh man you feel kind of warm...leave and I check it and it’s over 102. She always makes rude comments about how much I charge and threatens to take him somewhere else. And they’re not a poor family. They eat out probably 4 times a week or more and they have 4 children.

But the thing that really has caused me to want to term is the other day I was trying to plan the next few months and so I was trying to figure out when my next kids would be leaving and all that. So she’s a school teacher and so I knew she would be out for the summer...she just switched jobs to where she would be, so I have her and another school teacher so I decided I was going to talk to them and ask them if they planned on taking them out for the summer and if so they wouldn’t be promised a spot unless they wanted to pay and keep the spot or go ahead and bring them.

So the other teacher picked her child up first, I said I need to talk to you so I just asked her what are your plans for the summer? Are you going to keep him with you or leave him in and she said she was out for the summer and asked how the spot would work and I told her I couldn’t promise him a spot and so we discussed my side of the issue and hers and she said well I do not want to loose his spot so I’m going to keep him in. It was a very calm and great conversation.

So when the other mom came I asked her the same thing... I said what’s your plans for the summer and she looks at me with a smirk and says I’m keeping him home for the summer and I said okay that’s fine but he’s not promised a spot. And she gets very loud and says Well I can’t afford to pay you $$ a week and be able to live too. And I said I totally understand that but you have to look at it my way too. I have bills also. I can’t afford to hold a spot for nothing.
She was so mad. She said well If you won’t hold the spot I’ll just take him down the road to another daycare they’re cheaper anyways ($2 a day).

I was so stressed out after that and like it’s bothered me ever since. The hard thing is It’s a friend outside of daycare. I know her from church so I don’t know how to do it. It’s just I’m so stressed. And I don’t think I can handle it for 8 more months. None of my other parents treat me this way! I just don’t know what to do. Any advice?? Sorry it’s so long lol.
I can tell you the ones that expect special will always expect just that. Teachers can be some of the worst when it comes to that. They also leave their kids until the last possible second.If you do not like how you are treated end the relationship. Trust me it is not worth it. I walked on egg shells and it blew up the second I didn't give them their way.