Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
e.j. 10:31 AM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
She texted me after she left...like it was now my problem not my problem mom that you let your kid sleep in. Now you expect me to prepare breakfast for her when I have other kids to tend to with zero notice? Poor girl had to wait until snack at 9:30am
I've had to speak with a few parents lately about the need to feed their kids before coming here. I don't serve breakfast and we don't have morning snack until 9:30 so kids who haven't eaten get hungry and cranky. It was especially problematic when I was with the food program because I was supposed to stick with my meal times. Now I can adjust times a bit easier but when the other kids have eaten and aren't hungry, early snack throws the others off because they don't eat as much and then are hungry before lunch time.

I always tell my family, I'd love to be able to require parents to work in my day care for 2 weeks every year (without me helping) so they can see how things feel from the other side. I know as a dc parent, I had no clue how some of the things I did (showing up even a little late for drop offs, picking my ds up during nap time for dr. appointments) impacted my dc provider.