View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:38 AM 03-14-2013
Originally Posted by JFC_Designs:
When I code the accounting section it will require a lot of help by providers. Not being a provider myself it would be impossible otherwise.

So it looks like I need to rethink my current system. What main categories would you call choose to start out? I wasn't thinking about all this when I started so now I need to add it.
I think for your accounting section a good thing to do would be to get a better understanding of how we as family child care providers do our accounting. We can almost literally deduct at least a portion (what is called our time/space%) of anything that we buy for our household that is shared with DC (toys, toilet paper, pots/pans, dishes, cleaning supplies, office supplies, alarm systems etc). That's why having the ability to enter our expenses and categorize them and then be able to mark it as either time/space% or 100% business is really important.

If you read Tom Copeland's book called Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide you can get a better understanding of how it all works. Typing it all on here is possible but will be really time consuming. If your accounting part of the program could then automatically input the accounting information (income & expenses) into tax documents (schedule C, W-10 etc.) that would be a necessity to me.

I'll try to type up a list of how I categorize my accounting information for you (i'll have to look at my records) and post them later.