View Single Post
MyAngels 07:34 PM 01-29-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
When a parent signs that they are aware that there is no liabilty insurance, they are only acknowledging that fact, not signing away their child's right. I guess I am not understanding what rights a child has in regard to insurance coverage...
You are right, of course, but when I see providers putting that type of language into their contract I'm reading into it that they are telling parents "I don't have liability insurance, so I am not liable for any expenses incurred as a result of accidents or injuries that happen on my watch."

Unfortunately, even if a parent acknowledges that there is no liability coverage, it doesn't release a provider from all liability under all conditions.

I'm just putting this opinion out there so that other people who come across this later will do their due diligence on insurance, rather than just opting out of coverage. I've often said that operating a business such as ours without proper insurance coverages is like playing in traffic - you might get by with it, but you might also get hit by a truck .