View Single Post
wdmmom 12:43 PM 01-30-2012
I have a standard homeowners insurance policy with higher limits of liability. I do not have a separate policy for the daycare. I could get an umbrella but I've already been told that the added expense wouldn't cover me in terms of liability any more than my homeowners would.

Here in Iowa, (while searching for homeowners quotes), I found some companies wouldn't even cover the home because I do business out of it, because I ran more than the insurance's suggested number of kids, etc.

State Farm only allows 3 children here although the state says you can have 5 unregistered. If you are registered, you can run up to 12 depending on the catagory of your registration!

I had a child get a nice goose egg by tipping over his pack n play a couple years ago. I filled out an incident report, contacted DCM and nothing was said after that. I had another one that tripped and lost a tooth (it was just starting to get loose), DCF again completely understood.

How as providers can we dismiss any and all liability towards ourselves though? I really don't think we can...