View Single Post
storybookending 09:40 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
In our policy and procedures we now have to have a section for Natural Disasters/Man Made Events.

We have to show what we will do and also, how we will maintain and continue on childcare operations.

I'm an over thinker so I can't really simplify this in my mind no matter how hard I try. I can have the best laid plan written out but until anything happens, you don't know how you will handle it.

We have had no training on anything like this and like I said, I over think so I'm totally lost on this. I'm more worried about the after part and if parents can't get here what do I do, if children are hurt, I'm hurt, etc. There is so many variables that I think just having a five point procedure is not a reality.

Does anyone have this in their policy and procedure handbooks.
We just have to have evacuation plans posted by all exits and emergency numbers posted. At the center we had first aid kits that went everywhere with us and they also held a copy of each child’s emergency contact numbers so we always had it on the go, on field trips etc.

In my state we have to practice monthly fire drills and tornado drills in the warmer months as well. As far as having a disaster plan if you are required I would just not over think it and write it out. You can have the best laid out policy in the world on paper but nothing is going to fully prepare you for how you will react when disaster strikes.