View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:49 PM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
Is anyone else a little put off by the moderators letting forum users know that they know who everyone is? I know some people on the forum let everyone know who they are and are cool with that, but I think the majority of people on here would like to be able to post anonymously. I read at least a few posts a week where regular users sign out for privacy when discussing a sensitive matter and a few posts a week posted by unregistered or guests that are legitimate posts. I respect their right to be privacy and I don't like reading over and over again that "we know who they are." The way it is done sounds rude and condescending.
My reply to Needavac was NOT meant to sound rude or condescending.

I am sorry if you felt it read that way.

She stated that I probably knew who it was and it (the OP's post) must make sense to me and I simply replied that is does.

IMO, I don't see how that comes across as rude and condescending at all.

I most certainly would NEVER give up who an unregistered poster is and would NEVER violate that kind of privacy. EVER.

I have also NEVER advertised that mods know who unregistered posters are although it does and has come up within a thread.

......and in all honesty, we don't ALWAYS know.

It isn't like there is a big flashing neon sign saying so.

I also don't see where moderator's are advertising that they know who unregistered poster are.

This is a public forum and in reality, there really is no such thing as internet privacy.