View Single Post
Ariana 10:14 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I only accept notices on Fridays. I like to keep the two weeks nice and tidy and not have days bleed into other weeks and since I charge by the week, it works well.

Lets say there are 4 nice, neat M-F weeks in the next month and I am planning on taking a vacation on week 2. Family submits withdrawal notice the Friday before the month begins.

Their deposit (covering final two weeks of care) will cover Week 1 and Week 2 (my vacation week) but since withdrawal notices can not include provider vacations they will owe an additional week's payment which is required to be submitted WITH the written withdrawal notice.

If they don't submit the payment WITH the withdrawal notice then I won't accept the notice as "proper" and in some cases would not be willing to provide care.

So that is really my only "enforcement"....other than that, they can just up and leave and I'd still have their deposit so it wouldn't be a complete loss.

Hopefully that helps.
I think having this type of clause (bolded), similar to what I suggested, will work just fine! Just make sure to bold it and underline it in your handbook