View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:57 AM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm broke as all heck and have a hard time making ends meet while running a daycare. Hopefully the people I meet on a daily basis don't judge me for having an iPhone (Christmas/birthday preset), my "fancy" hardly worn clothes (hand me downs from my corporate working sister), my kids leap pads (gifts from wealthy grandparents), the nice furniture and big tv (inherited from grandfather), and my childrens brand name clothes (more presents).

Unless a DCP is buying those things *instead* of paying you then it really is none of your buisness why they have those nice things.
FWIW~ my statement about the single working mom and her expensive toys was very judgmental and I honestly did not mean for it to sound rude or nasty. I apologize if it came across offensive and should not have even made the statement in the first place. I have been there myself, as I said and made poor choices in which things I choose to buy versus what things I needed to buy with what little income I had....heck, I probably am still not as financially suave as I would like to be or should be.

In the case I mentioned however, the single mom I had did not get these expensive things as gifts or hand-me-downs. She purchased them herself.

She is clearly not struggling to make ends meet because of her limited income, but more so due to her priority list including too many "wants" and not enough "needs". This mom tells me alot of info I don't really need or want to know about her situation and my comments were strictly in reference to her as I was trying to support the OP by letting her know she didn't have to be the one to take the financial hit.

I also get the sad story about her poor financial situation every time it is billing time. She will continually try and negotiate with me about not having to pay her small co-pay or even ask me to waive it all together so in part, I do feel some of her bad spending habits are my business as it does effect my business....and I am by no means raking in the dough by doing child care so struggling financially is not foreign to me.

Again, I do apologize though if I was offensive or sounded judgmental.