View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Chickenhauler's Avatar
Chickenhauler Chickenhauler is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 437

It's a sticky situation....if you call them an 'employee' then you have to deal with social security (and the employers match), state and fed tax witholdings, and all that fun, workman's comp, etc etc.

Now, if you call them an "independant contractor", that is all off your shoulders, but be sure you have a contract that they sign, and be sure that they really are a contractor.

The IRS is really sticky on this subject,00.html
Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!
Reply With Quote