View Single Post
Rachel 02:43 AM 07-25-2012
Are these fees in your contract, or you just add them based on when you decide to do trips.

Honestly, if you are asking $1 - $7 each time, is it possible they are feeling nickeled & dimed. It happened once at my ds's daycare, she asked us for $2 to cover a trip. I gave it, but I thought honestly one time in the year she is doing this, all the money I pay her she needs another 2 bucks?

I would probably figure out how much the trips cost me, how much of the cost I was willing to bear, and re-write the contract to include a trip fee. Ds's aftercare this year included a party fee (it was about $20 for the year) which covered the birthday party she throws them, plus other special parties she does in the year. I would rather just pay it one time then be asked for 2 dollars every week. Here it is standard to ask a supply fee once or twice a year (I get from my parents approx. $75 / year, half in the fall, half in the spring). IMO it makes a lot more sense then saying "I want to do a neat art project, can you send me a buck?"

I also wouldn't keep a child back because the mother didn't pay.