View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 05:56 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by jen:
Did you use the scary daycare lady voice?

I would be a little concerened that he is acting this way on his first day, usually kids are a bit more intimidated for at least a few days. I would make lots of note regarding behavior and have a sit down with the parents. I would think that having been released from another daycare, that they would be open to getting on board with discipline.
LOL...I used my stern voice to let him know that type of behavior was not tolerated. I told him sternly that his behavior is not acceptable..we do not hit because it hurts and is not nice.

I am concerned he was actiing this way on the first day....thank you unregistered...I'm glad to know I'm not alone...and that's just it, I don't want to feel like I can't handle it and feel like a failure...but I have to realize when it's gone too far. I am going to try a sticker chart...setting it up in 30min. blocks...for every 1/2 hour he is good he can put a sticker on to see his progress. I'm praying this will help some.

Oh and I forgot to mention, he is 4 and not potty trained yet...he will pee only sometimes in the potty but I'm changing every poop he has. Is this "normal" at 4 years old? I have only girls so not sure if this is normal for boys???